I use emails as sources. I don't use Source Writer at all.
I use each email as a master source.

Source list name:
Email - Joe Blow to Jennifer Crockett 28 Aug 2011

Title:
Joe Blow, "Re: New TNG user registration request", email message to Jennifer
Crockett 28 Aug 2011

I then put the text of the email in "Text of Source" and put [[ at the start so
it doesn't print. (I save the email as a .txt file temporarily in Notepad++. I
then format the email so the lines stay together properly in Legacy. I
highlight a sentence or paragraph and use Crl + J to make sure it wordwraps
properly.)

Occasionally I will use Source Detail to extract relevant parts of the email if
it is a long one.

The way I do the Source List Name, all emails from one person will sort
together.

Regards,

Jennifer
http://colston-wenck.com