Master Source was created for the 1870 census.

Pat,

Your description gives no indication of you having changed to, or created, a
Master Source for the 1870 census. If it is anything like the English
censuses, and as I am not on my PC  I cannot check, this is an essential
step.
---
Ron Ferguson
http://www.fergys.co.uk/