Mike.

Thank you for your reply, perhaps I was using the wrong terminology.
I see that some refer to this font as a mono spaced font.

My understanding is that with Courier New, every letter will take up the
same
horizontal space.

I am an older person and I like simple things.
Yes, with the default Legacy font, I can by 'playing with it' line things up
reasonably  well, but I would like perfect alignment if I can get it; it
just looks better.

John.

--
John. jfgreg...@shaw.ca