I have just downloaded a set of divorce papers and was wondering what is
the best way to record this.

There is a standard "Divorce Filing" event, but that doesn't cover a
fraction of the information available.

I have the date of the petition, the date of the decree Nisi and the
date of the final decree, as well as details on the grounds of the
petition and the respondent's response.

I'm thinking of putting the standard event in the wife's events, since
she petitioned for the divorce.  Then I'll create a new event for the
Divorce Decrees, so I can record those dates.  These would be marriage
events.

Does this sound reasonable and is there anything I've missed?

Thanks

Tony