Now for something entirely new.

In preparation for an upcoming family reunion this summer, I've been
creating some reports to distribute (digitally) as PDF files. I've always
disliked the "ComponentOne PDF Generator" that is the built-in PDF writer
used by Legacy because it is so slow and creates an old outdated PDF file
that is version 1.2 (Acrobat 3.x). Compare that to the current PDF
specification 1.7 (Acrobat 9.1) and you get the feeling that something is
old besides myself.

Anyhow, when I went to create a PDF from within Legacy, I got an error
window that popped up. It said:

SaveFile Error

Error "-2147417848" - Automation Error

The object has disconnected from its client.

Now I can assure you that while my attention span may be short, I most
certainly did not disconnect from the task at hand. J

I know this is not a Legacy error but most likely one created internally
from the PDF writer. The error is not reproducible but has popped up 3 times
in the past week. Just wondering if anybody else has ever seen this strange
one.

I feel so trapped in being forced to create these PDFs from within Legacy
given the fact that I've spent the money to own Acrobat. I sure wish there
was a method in which Acrobat could be a plug-in for Legacy.

Brian in California