From: britton...@comcast.net [mailto:britton...@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:48 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Legacy won't start - nvdxgiwrap.dll

On invoking Legacy via a desktop link, the Millenia label appears, then the
first Legacy screen with no data, that grays and an O.S. sourced advisory is
slipped under the label, permitting program dismissal and carrying problem
detail:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:     Legacy.exe
  Application Version:  7.5.0.166
  Application Timestamp:        4f5a369b
  Fault Module Name:    nvdxgiwrap.dll
  Fault Module Version: 8.17.12.6800
  Fault Module Timestamp:       4d945f7e
  Exception Code:       c0000005
  Exception Offset:     0000285a
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:     3ac0
  Additional Information 2:     3ac0f9df378f36c709fbdc4303c3261d
  Additional Information 3:     65d1
  Additional Information 4:     65d1bc7c3e6c94492ccd64d7d923f603

Legacy has been run intermittently since version 7.5.0.166 was installed when
my wife's laptop was new, daily over the last month, and failed this morning.
Web search indicates that the .dll version should be compatible with the Comodo
Antivirus, and no objection from that.  Dunno if Microsoft or some 3rd party
got in with an "update" yesterday. Win 7 was up to date as of ~3 days ago.

I have the family files (.fdb, .FGB, .TC, .fsd and .fdb) and last two backups
saved.  I can download the latest Legacy version and install over the present
one, or uninstall first, but would prefer to learn more about the problem
before making any irreversible change.  From web searching the .dll, it's a
graphics chip driver, presumably original to the machine and called by name but
not version.  That raises the questions of hardware failure or disk corruption,
which might be investigated by finding the file, renaming, and adding a good
copy, if I can find one.

Anyone have any advice, comment or experience with this problem?

kb