In any file where there are marriages between relatives, distant cousins
for example, there are multiple links to the common ancestors of the
cousins for all their descendants. One link is through the male and the
other through the female. Now imagine that the common ancestors are the
great grandparents of one member and the Grandparents of the other. Now
one link has an extra generation. it is not an error just a fact of life
when relative lines intermarry.

In my own file there are about 10 examples where 1st cousins married and
a couple of cases where 2nd or 3rd cousins married. I am both nth cousin
and (n+1)th cousin to the people on those lines. I am not sure if there
are any where there is the kind of generational difference in your file
but if all the links are legitimate then this double relationship is normal.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com