What is a custom event? Do you mean adding your own event definition? (I did
not find a reference to custom event in the help index.)

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian/Support
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:53 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy 8 revealed - Shared Events and Automatic
Sorting

If you have created a custom event in Legacy 7 you will have to add your
own event sentences, roles and the sentences for those roles for your
custom event after your file has been converted by Legacy 8. Legacy 8
will not transfer the event sentences for custom events from Legacy 7
because the sentence structures and rules on what is used have changed
so drastically.

When defining a custom event or role for an event there are options to
populate the sentences with a default set or to copy them from another
event or event role. We do try to make it easy to use the new feature.
In your case you could copy the event sentences from the Legacy Standard
Census events and the role sentences from the census as you add roles to
your custom event.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation