Lee,

Think of it this way...

When you click on a data field in Legacy to make a change, Legacy doesn't
really "know" whats there, it just knows to "save" whatever you put there.
 even if you dont change anything, Legacy is still re-saving that data to
that field.
It wouldnt really know that that data was the same from the original.
So your recording log would show many data fields that actually didnt have
any change, but that you touched/ entered.
Additionally, what if you went in and out 4 or 5 times getting a place name
just right, each one would be stored as a change,  your report would be
FULL of thousands of lines of the tiniest of changes and many with no real
changes at all.

In some cases it may check to see if the data is in a specific format or
check for some other detail, but I dont think it's storing original data
anywhere.
(other than in the sense that it doesnt overwrite the field until you click
to the next field, so if you were in a field and started to type, but the
used the ESC key to back out the original data is still in the field)

At least that is my understanding of how Access Database code works, maybe
a Legacy programmer can explain better.

Jay