Hi Bob,

You could make a copy of your file and work on that - so that if it all
turns to custard, or you decide a different approach might be better,
you can start again without any permanent harm to your original file.
In fact, I'd work on a copy anyway if you're handling a major task like
that.  And do a backup before starting - cover all your bases!  :-)

Along the same lines, you can copy your Legacy file to a flash drive, or
a CD, or to a Dropbox folder (or other cloud storage service) to share
with someone else who can help you.  Note the word "copy" - keep your
original safe until it's all over.

And don't go making any further data entries to it while the work is
going on, 'cos you'll only have to repeat it when the repairs are completed.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy