For my To-Do items not linked to an individual, they are usually an item
that relates to many different people (such as locating old paper newspaper
clippings and obtaining clear images and correct sources for them) or are a
book or document that I need to check out to see if it has anything of use
in it or not.

Identifying them in the list is easy enough, the Task Name does that.
I do also Tag my General items, but I often have more than one tagged open
General to-do item and I really don't need (or even want) all of them
printed out at once.

It's possible to print out a single person-linked task just by going to
that person and then printing and if needed filtering from there, but there
doesn't seem to be the same way to do that for General items