Ltools has a routine under Run Raw SQL to tag all marriages as follows:

UPDATE tblMR SET tblMR.Tag{TagNumber} = 1

That same script could untag all marriages by changing it to

UPDATE tblMR SET tblMR.Tag{TagNumber} = 0

I added a custom SQL to untag only tagged marriages as follows:

UPDATE tblMR SET tblMR.Tag{TagNumber} = 0 WHERE ((tblMR.IDMR <> 0) AND
(tblMR.Tag{TagNumber} <> 0))

More functionality might be added as required.  One routine that I use
frequently is called "Tag Unknown Spouses w/o Children".  It helps to find and
tag marriages with spouse RIN = 0 or the blank spouse marriages with no
offspring.  These often occur in Legacy when a child is displayed in the parent
position without a spouse and someone clicks on the spouse but then does not
actually add a spouse.  That creates an empty marriage record with a blank
spouse.  It show most obviously when you have a young child with a marriage
record indicator and you are certain the child never married.

One more script that I use is the following which shows all marriages that have
any of the 9 tags set.  I use it to determine if any marriage tags need to be
cleared.

SELECT
tblMR.IDMR,tblMR.Tag1,tblMR.Tag2,tblMR.Tag3,tblMR.Tag4,tblMR.Tag5,tblMR.Tag6,tblMR.Tag7,tblMR.Tag8,tblMR.Tag9
 FROM tblMR WHERE ((tblMR.IDMR <> 0) AND ((tblMR.Tag1 <> 0) OR (tblMR.Tag2 <>
0) OR (tblMR.Tag3 <> 0) OR (tblMR.Tag4 <> 0) OR (tblMR.Tag5 <> 0) OR
(tblMR.Tag6 <> 0) OR (tblMR.Tag7 <> 0) OR (tblMR.Tag8 <> 0) OR (tblMR.Tag9 <>
0))) ORDER BY tblMR.IDMR

Hope this give you some ideas about marriage record tagging.  Of course the SQL
scripts could be used in MS Access as well.
Ron Taylor

On Saturday, October 26, 2013 3:31 PM, Laura Johnson