Hi Dee,

That depends entirely on the recipient, and what they've got at hand,
and how much you want to share with them.

If they are readily online and are using Legacy, and you want to share
the whole contents of your Legacy file*, put you can put your .fdb file
(or a backup) into a Dropbox folder (or some other cloud storage
facility) and either share the folder or a link to it with the other person.

(Dropbox makes it easy to share a link to a file or folder with another
person - who does not need to be a Dropbox subscriber - which gives them
the ability to view and download the file, without giving them the
ability to make changes to that file, which would then affect the copy
on your own computer.)

* You can, of course, make a copy of your original file and edit it to
remove data that you don't want to share with that person, then share
that edited file with them.

Since the Standard edition of Legacy is free, the only impediment to
sharing the .fdb file is the other person's willingness to download and
install the program.

If they don't use (or want to use) Legacy, then you'll need to export a
GEDCOM file and send/share that in some way so they can import it into
whatever program they use.

If you want to also share all the photos and documents, etc, that you've
linked to in your database file, you will probably want to run a full
Legacy backup (including multimedia files) and share that with them in
some way.

If the other person doesn't use the internet, or has a slow connection
or limited data allocation, you may be better off burning it all to a CD
and sending that to them.

I haven't covered everything here, but I'd need to know more about what
the other person has at their end to be more specific.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy