On 23/11/2013 06:11, Tony Rolfe wrote:
> I've just discovered my first distant cousins on the 1940 US Census.
> Included in this information is the fact that they were living in Orange
> County Florida on 1st April 1935.
>
> I'd like to have an event of some sort to record this, but I think I
> should say that "On 8th April 1940 they said that they were living in
> Orange county in 1935", rather than "on 1st April 1935 they were living
> in Orange County".
>
> How do other folk record this data?  Is there a standard way to do it?

I'm not sure that I see the need to record this information any
differently to any other Residence Event.  The fact that the people
themselves provided the information makes it just as reliable as any
time they have provided such information.  I mean, if their Marriage
Certificate gave Anytown as the groom's residence, would you not just
create a Residence Event and use the MC as the Source?  In this case I
would simply create a Residence Event and use the Census as the Source.

--
Jenny M Benson