I don't seem to be able to get assistance from LegacyFS users’ list, despite a
number of requests,

so I am copying this to both groups.

Just a warning - with Legacy Family Search. Don’t use Auto Match. To my mind
it’s genealogy’s worst experience. Each individual gets aligned with all in
sundry from the family search database and then labelled with an ID. Even when,
for example, in my Legacy family database, I have an Irish born woman, all
sourced, marrying a Irish born man in New Zealand, all sourced, I still get
copious duplicates patently obviously unconnected to my individual. One by one
you have to go through every non-matched individual to tediously unlink it from
your person.

I think this link up to Legacy FS, while suitable to LDS for their purposes,
will be the ruination of all the efforts we as genealogists, as opposed to LDS
members, have put in to ensuring that we carefully align and confirm the data
we collect from various sources. I foresee a mish-mash of unautheticated
individuals.

Bryan