In early beta I had Avast as well as a couple other beta testers. We had
problems with it. I switched.

One of the testers who stuck with it and upgraded Avast, he wrote that he
stopped having problems with it. Other AV programs apparently haven't
caused any problems.

Override the Avast settings if you can figure out how! I couldn't get it to
let Legacy's updates through ever without sandboxing or scanning every
one.  When I wrote to them, they never responded back.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree