I am also in total agreement that the "hovering" box should be brought back.
There are many families who have more than 6 children...and on my family
view, six is the optimum amount displayed. This means I must scroll to see
the complete list of children. The convenience of the hovering box was you
could see the particulars of any child without the need to scroll...and
with the children's "area" set on "best fit columns", the complete family
is viewable from one screen.
Please bring the hovering boxes back.
Virginia