Thanks all for trying to help.. .yes, I have run the “installer” and I get a
message that it’s “been successfully” installed.

But there seems to be a problem, and now tonight, after 2-3 x trying again, I
get a message that says it “may not” have been successfully installed, AFTER it
says yes it was successfully installed. Could it be conflicting with the 7.5

I still have loaded on the computer? I am still using my v. 7.5, only trying
out 1 family line in v 8 to test out how it all works first before I switch
over to v. 8.  Here are some folder ID’s if this helps:

The newly downloaded version shows up (all 3 x) under the “downloads” folder,
not in the folder with the other Legacy application, if that makes a
difference?  The installer states it will be downloaded in C;/legacy/Geo.

When I go to do a search for it, all the computer ID’s/finds is what looks like
the older original install of v 7 because in its properties, the last modified
date of that particular geo DB file is listed as 2011, when I first started
using Legacy.  THAT particular geoDB is located under the “Legacy” folder, with
subfolders such as “data”, “colors”, etc, but the modified dates on all those
folders are mixed, some from the last 2 days, and some from 2011, if that makes
a difference? I thought that v 7 and v 8 were to go into different locations?
But then maybe I’m not understanding enough of how that works…I have made some
customization changes and data changes in the last 2 days in both the v 7 and v
8 family files, if that makes any difference.

So, is there a conflict here with how it’s loading? Or loading to wrong folder?
Or.. .??? Thanks again

For any help. . . Pam