Syble,

I am a bit dismayed about you or anyone stopping to contribute to FindaGrave just because it was sold to Ancestry.com. FaG has built in funding sources but it has outgrown its owners probably limited resources. Ancestry is probably acting in a White Knight capacity as anything else. RootsWeb was purchased by Ancestry years ago and the free RW services are still free.

Any trees created by non-professional (and even many professional) researchers are going to have errors. No one is perfect. I think that some of the changes in L8 are designed to make it easier for researchers to see the error of their ways.

PP Alerts are not a distraction, but a call to action.

Duplicate checking when adding people to your family file is a great way to keep your data better.

But no one is perfect. Anything I get in an ancestry, RW, of FS tree is a clue that needs to be researched and verified.

Last night, I found two headstones for the same person on FaG. In two different states. And without the help of the 1000s of FaG volunteers, I would not have that data.

john.