The next step, when you have got the names to Initial caps is to set ALL
the data format options to "Don't change what I enter".

This keeps the correct case for O’Brien, McKenzie, le Moignan, St
Helier, LaPort, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Barton in the Beans, and
Borris-in-Ossory.

If you want to show uppercase surnames on the family screen, then in
Data Format > 3.4 Displaying Surnames, tick “Show SURNAMES in uppercase
letters”.  Similarly, in reports go to Report Options > Format >
Uppercase SURNAMES.
Boyd

On 17/12/2013 3:33 p.m., Kurt Kneeland wrote:

> Options -> Customize -> 3.3 set to Initial Caps -> Apply
>
> This will change all your surnames to the initial caps standard.

---
is active.