thank you, thank you, thank you.  I should have been able to figure that
out, but didn't so you've made my day.

Mary

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Leon Chapman <chap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mary:
>

> If you want to make this a global change for a Tombstone, obituary,
> burial, etc event, in the top level menu, go to
> 1.  View Tab,
> 2.  then Master Lists
> 3.  then Event Definitions
>
> Select the event you want to exclude from PP reports and click "Edit" to
> edit the event definition.
>
> At the top middle of the window, you can place a check mark on "Exclude
> from PP report.
>
> Save this event definition and close and you are back in Legacy where you
> started (family view).
>
> This should prevent the Tombstone, Obituary, or whatever event you have
> selected to exclude from giving you a red circle.
>
> This is the best way, since you are editing the characteristics at the
> global level for the event.
>
> My previous message works for just that one person.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Chap
>

> ___
> Leon Chapman
> chap...@gmail.com
> -----
>

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Mary LeClerc <quiltingm...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I have things like obituary, burial (cemetery), funeral, etc. set up as
>> events and of course there date  follows the date of death, making them
>> show up as potential problems.
>> Two questions...
>> Is there a way to globally turn off "event after death" as a potential
>> problem?
>>
>> Why, when I right click and check "event after death" to exclude it as a
>> PP on an individual record, does it continue to show up?
>>
>> I've looked and looked and wonder if I am missing something or
>> misunderstanding.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mary
>>

>> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>> http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
>> Archived messages after Nov. 21 2009:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/
>> Archived messages from old mail server - before Nov. 21 2009:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/
>> Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
>> Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and
>> on our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).

> on our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).

Mary LeClerc
quiltingm...@gmail.com
My Blog: http://quiltinginoz.blogspot.com/

"Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any
different.” ~ Oprah Winfrey

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No
matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an
inherent wish to create something that did not exist before."
Dieter Uchtdorf