From: ci...@treadles.ca [mailto:ci...@treadles.ca]
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2013 2:23 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Reasons for upgrading

Wendy, Thank you for such a well-reasoned reply. It stands to reason that we
should be made aware of the bugs first because where else can we ask about them
except on this list?

I think my main question is  what do I have to gain from upgrading? I don't
want to upgrade and find that all the additions are more important for U.S.
ancestors, or that I would never use any of the new features.

As an example, Address vs. Location. My ancestors get a location in their
birth,  marriage or death entries, their actual mailing address (eg. RR#2 or
Lot 5, Concession 4, XXXX township, YYYY County, Province) are immaterial to me
and are possibly entered as an Event entitled Location, but are the least of my
concerns for any person. The only street addresses I have are for living people
who should be recorded in my e-mail program instead, when I get around to it.

I'm afraid I'm going to be like another member here who regretted upgrading. At
the moment until I'm convinced otherwise, I don't see the point, bugs or no
bugs. Can't anyone give me a solid reason to upgrade?

And as I said before, I haven't found any bugs in the various V.7s that affect
the way I operate the program.

Helen