“b Co Kildare” probably means that he was born in County Kildare, Ireland
(perhaps after his parents left Jamaica).

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Jenny M Benson
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:57 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] How would you enter the following please ?

On 31/12/2013 00:29, Valerie B Garton wrote:
> I have entered the below information as an occupation for son Samuel.
>
> Can I have some suggestions as to how to give this information to his
> father
> Nathan please ?
>
> Also can anyone explain what all this is about please ?
>
> HALL SAMUEL, Pen. (Mr White), July 5 1802, aged 17; s. of Nathan,
> Ingenuus;
> b Co Kildare

Whoops!  Sent my previous reply off before I meant to.

The word "Ingenuus" means freeborn, which perhaps suggests that what you
have quoted is from something to do with Slavery.  I associate the word
"Pen" with a farm or plantation in Jamaica.

--
Jenny M Benson

Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on
our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).