Thank you Wendy and Leon, that did the trick.

Jim

________________________________
 From: Wendy Howard <wendy.how...@gmail.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 1, 2014 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] source color indicator

Hi Jim,

Try Option > Customise > 9. Colours > 9.2 Other User-Interface Colours >
Other Colours tab > Sources.

Click on "Text Colour for Labels Showing Attached Sources", click on the
colour you want in the chart - it will now show in the upper bar near
the bottom of that window. When you're happy with your selection, click
on the "Select This Colour" button. Click on the Save button, and Save
again - and now the fields that have sources assigned to them should be
in that chosen colour.

Wendy