As an alternative to notes I have a Master Source called "Inference
based on Other Data" (call it anything you want) and within that source
I give the methods and data by which I arrive at an entry (dates &
places usually). So for an estimated birth year I might quote any record
which mentions an age and if they are inconsistent then give an
estimated range of birth dates.

David