Sherry The method that the Picture Centre help files give are the same
as what I have described, and give the result as I described.   CE You
have summed the situation up perfectly, why is it necessary to use
such a convoluted process ?

Jo Poi

On 06 January 2014 at 1:06 AM, "CE WOOD"  wrote:       She is
wondering why the convoluted process. It is a major pain to have to
jump through so many hoops when most pictures have the same caption,
date, and description.
Considering Legacy is based on Access, it is possible to allow the
entry at the Individual/Event/whatever level to carry over to the
Picture Center and ALSO have a way to add specific details to a
specific use of that picture. Programmers can do it; it's just a
matter of doing it....
CE
 > From: she...@legacyfamilytree.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Attaching a picture
> Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 14:14:45 -0800
>
> When you're in Picture Center, if you add the Caption< Date and
> Description to the Picture List tab, then it will be automatically
> added when you link a picture.
>
> If it's added to the "Attached Pics" tab, then it applies only to
that
> instance you're linking to.
>
> This is fully explained in the Help file for Picture Center.
>
> Sincerely,
> Sherry
> Technical Support
> Legacy Family Tree
>

> On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Jo Poi  wrote:
> > I'm curious to find ot why.
> > If I go to Picture Centre and complete details on the picture of
> > Caption/Date/Description.
> > When I attach to any person from the Picture Centre the
> > Caption/Date/Description all appear with the picture.
> > But when I attach the same picture via the individual's
information to for

Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree)
and on our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).