I would use the date of the event, not the date it was registered. You
can enter the date it was registered in the Source Detail, depending
on the format you're using. It could be entered in the Text filed
under the Text/Comments tab.

The only time you would use a registration date is if you don't have
the actual date of the event, in which case you'd enter "bef 3 Dec"

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree