From: Brian/Support [mailto:br...@legacyfamilytree.com]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 7:03 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Settings Printout

It may not be as simple as you think Paula.

Have you ever looked inside one of the .usr files (they are plain text).
All the report .usr files are just a list of cryptic numbers with an occasional
path name, file name or people readable value. The program opens those files to
write the options and reads the file when creating the report. What the numbers
mean to the program are not documented without reading the code for the report
or the option setup screen.
Translating those into a user friendly report to print out would require quite
some work. In some cases too there may be no easy translation. How do you
translate a number representing a colour choice into something a human can
understand when the colour palette is 16 million colours?

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

On 10-Jan-2014 2:22 PM, Paula Ryburn wrote:
> Submit a suggestion.  It's a great idea, and should not be a hard thing for
> the programmers to do -- surely they have the ability to look at all the
> settings when they are researching bugs, testing new code, etc.
>
> --Paula in Texas
snip