Bernie,

I do the same thing, but I noticed that, for most of the census records,
they require a little more space, so I've made it a practice to paste
the source citation text for these into the Source Detail Text field,
leaving the entry box blank on the "Detail/Information" tab. As long as
I have a check-mark in the check boxes for "Include this Citation on
Reports," for "Source Detail," and "Add this Text to the Source Citation
on Reports," for the Detail Text field, the output on a printed report
looks about the same either way.

Joseph Leavitt