From: Syble Glasscock [mailto:syble_...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 7:49 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Legacy 8 files & backup

I downloaded V. 8 Deluxe abt a month ago, I used the defaults locations, I made
no changes. (I'm using Windows 7) My multimedia files were already in
"C:Libraries/Documents/Legacy_pics_docs, I left them there, imported one of my
family files ie "Brown family-v8", all was working okay, I've made backups
etc., worked on the Potential Problem report many times, therefore opening and
closing file with no problem.

Today, I decided to Export another family file into V.8 which I did with no
problem, checked it, it seemed okay, closed it and went to Open my original
file Version8 "Brown family-v8" and it goes to a window with numerous families
files, somehow it's created in C:Users\syble\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Brown
family-v8vdb" a file with this same name in C: Users\syble\Documents\Legacy
Family Tree\Data\Brown family-v8.fdb and another with same name, but v82.fdb.

Because I'd worked with the Potential Problems, and knew that all but a very of
my "red flags" were gone, when I choose the Brown family v8.fdb, that something
was bad wrong because I had lots of flags.

Questions:

1.Is the location for the files suppose to be Documents/LFT or
Documents/LFT/Data?

2. Is it okay to leave my multimedia where they are?

3. Any idea why it made a duplicate file with the same name with a 2 on the end?

4. Why are my two family files not on a list without going to another window as
it was in Legay 7?

Thanks for your help,

Syble