Hi Elizabeth,

There are many ways to share your information with another person, which
one is right for you is your choice.  :-)

My preferred way to share information is two-fold:

(1) a descendants' chart containing everyone in my tree, starting from
the furthest-back ancestor we have in common and editing out all but
first/known name and surname for living people (ie no middle names or
birth dates).  My first step is to generate the chart as a text file,
and then make a copy to edit (so I can always return to the original if
I mess it up).  I may attach that edited .txt file containing the chart
to an email, or I may copy the text into the body of the email,
depending on the situation at the time.

(2) a descendants' book report for everyone in the chart who marked as
deceased, including sources, pictures, etc.  I generate a PDF file and
attach it to the email.

What I don't do is just hand over a copy of my Legacy file (.fdb) or a
GEDCOM file for the other person to import into their database. It's too
easy to not think about what you're putting in your file that way, in my
opinion.  My way, if they want my information they at least have to put
a little work into copying it (which is fine with me) and they can't
help but consider each piece of information as they type it.

If it's not as simple as navigating back to a common ancestor, you could
make a copy of your database, and separate out the people you want to
include from those you don't.  Unlink the wanted people from the
branches you don't want to share.  Then use Tree Finder (in the View
menu) to tag all the trees except the one you want to keep and delete
them.  Now you have a file containing only those people you want to
share, and can run reports or export data without worrying about
including someone you didn't mean to.

If you want more detail on any of this, please don't hesitate to post to
the list again and ask. Happy to help, but don't want to flood you with
too much information all at once.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy