On 08 Feb 2014 04:55, Bobby Johnson wrote:

> I am using 8.0.0.397 in windows 7.  In preparation for a Legacy Users Group
> meeting, I set option 1.1 to "FamilySearch View" and saved it.  When I opened
> my family file it opened in the "Research" view.  Does anyone else see this
> happening?  I don't want to use this setting but did want to demonstrate it
> to the group.  Any help will be appreciated.

You're not losing your mind :-) This does happen.

I would guess (from a programming point of view) that the code uses the position
within the list of the selected item to initiate the startup view. Research
Guidance and FamilySearch are two consecutive entries in the list. The
programmer has simply associated the wrong number with FamilySearch.

As others will no doubt say, offering FamilySearch as a startup option makes
little, if no, sense.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry