>From the help file

*Quarter Dates*

There is a special date format for recording dates from the indexes of
Births, Marriages, and Deaths for England and Wales published by the GRO
(General Records Office). These indexes are organized on a calendar quarter
basis by the date when the event was reported to the GRO. The quarters are
Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, and Oct-Dec. Legacy will accept a date based on
these quarters that are entered in the following format:

[month] Q [year] - For [month] substitute the ending month for one of the
calendar quarters. For year substitute the year of the Index.

Example: *Jun Q 1876* would be the date for an event included in the GRO
Index for the April to June Quarter of the year 1876.