On 21/02/2014 16:58, John Gregson wrote:
> I've been away from Legacy for quite some time; I have Legacy 7.5.
> I now want to get the latest version; which is version 8.
>
> If I install ver 8 on my computer, will it update the ver 7 to ver. 8?
>
> If not, how do I get my ver 7 data into ver 8.
> Will the ver 7 & ver 8 installations interfere with each other?

Version 8 will install quite separately to 7, so you can keep both if
you want to.  STRONGLY recommend that you allow Legacy 8 to install to
its default location.  It will put your data, media etc into a folder
within My Documents.

Once you've installed, tell it to open an existing file and navigate to
your current family file.  Legacy 8 will offer to copy (copy, not move)
this to the new location and then convert it.  This is also the
recommended method.

You cannot open the Legacy 8 family file in Legacy 7, but you will have
your old version of the program and the file if you want to keep them.

--
Jenny M Benson