Scott,
Check the help file, search for "import gedcom" and look at the section titled
"Format Names and Places".  It will direct you to "Customize" which really
means Options>Customize>Data Format and then 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and you'll probably
also want 3.6 and 3.7.  Look at 3.4 for options for displaying the names
without changing them in the database.
Ron Taylor