On 02/03/2014 01:46, Robert57P_gmail wrote:
> 2) How to I merge the two different "me"s on the web?  Do I need to add
> enough on a tree branch so a dead person is on Family Search via each
> system (legacy upload and direct key-in via web) so it will do a search
> on the dead person and offer a match?  If I do that, will it then offer
> to also merge the living people?

If necessary, go into FT to find out the FS ID of your entry there.

Then,I would just check again that Legacy FT doesn't suggest "your other
self" as a match.   If not, look near the top of the screen and you will
see an "unlink this person" button.  Click on it and your "Legacy self"
will be unlinked and you will just have your FT self remaining.

Now you can try again to link yourself and if it doesn't offer the
existing record, click on Advanced Search and enter the FS ID of your
record and you can then link your Legacy record.
--
Jenny M Benson