Jane,

Here is what I do.

I use the General Notes for biographical information.  I like to write at least
a paragraph (usually quite a bit more) on every one of my direct line ancestors
and their siblings and siblings spouses.  Basically it is a synopsis of their
life.  It gives me a bit of an overview in a condensed format.

I use the Research Notes for my current theories, thoughts, dilemmas, negative
evidence etc.  These are just notes to myself really so that I know what I am
thinking.

I use the Medical Notes for the obvious purpose.  I actually record quite a bit
of stuff in here.  You can uncover quite a bit of interesting info from the
newspapers and such about what sort of ailments people were suffering from.  I
also like to record if they died at home or in the hospital it that is known.

I use the notes fields that are attached to the vital events (birth,
baptism/christening, death, burial) for whatever might pertain to those
specific fields.  I also use the marriage notes and events notes, again, for
things that pertain specifically to those areas.  I like to keep information
closely associated with the fact it relates to so that I can find what I am
looking for quickly.  I also like how it prints in reports, everything nice and
tidy :)

Michele

Technical Support

 <mailto:mich...@legacyfamilytree.com> mich...@legacyfamilytree.com