Occasionally I go to change a spouse who has been
erroneously linked with the wrong John Deaux.

EACH time I do that, the right John Deaux vanishes, leaving
me with the right wife and the right children, but no Daddy.
  When I pull up Deaux-dad, the wife isn't there, but the
kiddles are all showing as 1/2s. If I close the program and
re-open, it corrects itself -- until I edit any of the
children, and try to go back to the parents of whom only the
right wife is showing.  It gets tiresome.

What the /flip/ am I doing wrong here?!?

Running 385 (because I haven't had time to d/l an update
over dial-up) on win7 32-bit home.

Tnx

Cheryl