I'm curious as to why you though it necessary to attempt to  remove IE from
your Windows computer in spite of Microsoft making IE an integral part of the
Windows operating system. Wouldn't it just be easier to remove the icons and
ignore the program's existence by using the alternative browsers. I'm afraid
that you may have damaged your operating system to the point that a re-install
is necessary. You could try the "repair an existing installation" but I've
never had much luck with that.

Brian in CA