Elizabeth,
It sounds as if you have the folder set up not to override the previous backup
file. This is the type of addition that you get with Windows when you copy a
file to a folder that already has a file of that name and you say you want to
keep both.
That's good that the previous backup isn't being overwritten, but it's more
normal to use the naming ability in Legacy to add the date and time to the file
name.  See the options button on the backup dialogue.

Cathy

C.G. Ouimet wrote:
> Hmm …
>
> You didn’t say your backup files had Date and Time embedded in them.
>
> My backup files all show as something like …
>
> CGO Master 800 2014-05-13 06.48.20 AM.zip with no [1]
>
> C.G. Ouimet
>
> Kingston ON

 file name.

> Elizabeth
>
> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM, C.G. Ouimet <c.g.oui...@outlook.com
> <mailto:c.g.oui...@outlook.com>> wrote:
>
> The Zip file is the backup. It might be because Legacy doesn’t want to
> overwrite the previous backup.
>
> In Legacy, go to File, then Backup. Click the Options button at the
> bottom and ensure to check the Append Date and Append Time to the
> filename.
>
> C.G. Ouimet
>
> Kingston ON

1][1].zip