I would save it to the Legacy/backup file, then extract it there, then copy
the resulting .fdb file to the Legacy/Data folder, wher eLegacy 'expects'
to see file that are fdb

a zip file is merely a COMPRESSED version, the zip process takes out all
the spaces and formatting code that makes the fdb so large

a fdb file that is 34,000 KB is only 4354 KB when compressed.

Zipping a file will NOT lose any actual data within the file.

 Hope that helps,

Jay

PS, you could also use a SHARED Dropbox file instead of emailing