If you have the Deluxe version, you can use the Tool - Advanced Set
Living. This takes in more parameters than the automatic change to dead
on save. It should mark your couple married in the 1700s dead.
The Advanced Set Living tool is one of those to run periodically. It
supplies a list of anyone it changes from Living to Dead.

Cathy