Here is the link to Google Calendar help:
https://support.google.com/calendar/?hl=en#topic=3417969

I have the same type of phone and use Google’s Calendar.  I also update and add
to it from the computer because it’s easier than from the phone.

I know sometimes when I add an event to my calendar, I have to make sure it is
not recurring.  In case this happened to you, you might have to go back through
previous calendar months and find when this started and delete all occurrences.
 I know on my phone I can just pick one occurrence and it gives the option to
delete all of them.

I also use Outlook 2007 and when I join a webinar it offers the option to add
it to my Outlook calendar.  It isn’t automatic.  I don’t know if Legacy offers
the option to add calendar reminders via Google.

Bill Boswell