"Abt" means something quite different than "Est".

Abt means that the event happened around a certain time.  "My grandfather
was born abt 1885."

Est means you don't know for sure and you're estimating or guessing.  Based
on information I have (wife's date, date indicated in census based on age,
birth of first child, etc), I estimate that my grandfather was born in 1885.

Calculating a birth date based on date of death and age at death or a death
date based on date of birth and age at death would be a "Cal" or "Calc"
date.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support