I have had two Ancestry DNA kits done on direct family. I'm still sketchy
on the results, and not utilizing them 100% at all. It doesn't come with a
whole plethora of laymen instructional terms. I don't know half of what the
site refers to. It takes research and time that I don't quite have right
now.

As for ease of use, Ancestry was very simple, got results timely, etc.

That being said, I also downloaded the DNA files from Ancestry and uploaded
them to Gedmatch. I have hundreds of hits on gedmatch, and as it referenced
both matches exactly as they are (grandfather and granddaughter) as far as
generational match, I'd say it is pretty accurate. Again, I have a hard
time reading the data, but the gedmatch info gives you email addresses to
other members you match and you can then correspond with them.

I have a cousin that did the 23andme.com DNA testing. It seems to have more
information medical wise and such. Again, I can't understand it all!

Jessica

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Jim <glt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Ancestry.com is running a DNA special for $79. It is supposed to run both
> male and female lines. Has anyone used this and is it the best company to
> use? Not sure how much help it might be. They claim that it doesn't follow
> lines as far as others, but gives more relevant results. I have 3 trees on
> Ancestry and connecting with others that may be a match appeals to me.
> Thanks
> Jim Adkins “If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well
> enough.”
>                                 Albert Einstein

> on our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).

*Jessica Morgan*

Sr Engineering Technologist, Black Stone Minerals

Vice Chair, SPE GCS Petro-Tech Study Group

Co-Leader, GSSJC Cadette Troop 27109

Adult Leader, Troop 404, Bay Area Council, Northern Star District, BSA