Dan,
Welcome to Legacy from a former TMG user. I switched several years ago
because I found Legacy much more intuitive and liked the window layouts
better. I would agree with Sherry that the help file is the most up-to-date
and very useful. I have found the biggest problem with help files for most
genealogy (and other) programs is finding the appropriate topic.

The current help file printed double spaced 12pt would be over 700 pages.
The cost to print and mail something that size would indeed be costly not
to mention difficult to keep current. That is also why manuals are less
comprehensive and most companies no longer publish manuals. On top of that
I have always found 3rd party books to be more helpful than the developer's
manuals because they are written by writers not technologists.

So, give the help files a fair try along with the other materials Sherry
mentioned and ask questions. I have always found user groups to be
excellent for learning and support especially for new users.

Larry