Hi Cathy,

I have redefined the problem - it is the first use in a field "of Delete
followed by Right arrow" that causes the cursor to move to the next field.

The problem arises when working in any of the Notes or Source detail
fields, and probably in other areas too.  The clipboard isn't the issue.
I'm usually using Sourcewriter sources, but the same thing arises in
Basic sources.
Anywhere in a line, the first time I press Delete to remove a space (say
one that has come from a BDM database) and then the right arrow to move
along the line of text.  The cursor then takes off to the next field.
When I come to make another key stroke, I have to retrieve the cursor
with the mouse.

It seems to be only on the first use of **the delete key followed by the
right arrow** in a field that makes the cursor jump to the next field.
Once I have brought it back with the mouse it stays where I am working
even for further use of the delete and right arrow keys.

If I move the cursor to the next position for an amendment using the
mouse there is no problem until I first use the combination of delete
followed by right arrow. Then the cursor disappears out of the field.
The problem is repeatable, and does not appear to be intermittent.

I have this problem on a new computer that I set up a week ago, but I
have had the same issue on my netbook and both computers for all builds
of the program since the beginning of Legacy version 8 .  I'm using
Windows 8.1, 64 bit, 8Gb RAM, Legacy v8.0.0.439.
I can't see any reason for this strange behaviour, or any setting in
Customise that relates.

Boyd