On 10/09/2014 14:41, Gene Odgen wrote:
> I have been
> trying to enter the following source:
>
> *Source Information:*
>
> Ancestry.com. *England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975*
> [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2014.
>

> Original data: *England, Births and Christenings, 1538-1975*. Salt Lake
> City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
>
> This is an index of Baptisms (not birth certificates) or Christenings from
> the 1600's and 1700's and is a common source of English genealogy. Evey
> choice that I have found so far has "Birth Certificate" as part of the
> description, which is not what I need. I have copies of the original
> documents from England, but not the detailed source. The documents match
> the database exactly so I would like to use it as my source. Any suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.

You don't say if you are using SourceWriter, but I presume so.  I have
many of the same records, but taken direct from FamilySearch and I use
the generic Online Database template which seems to work very well.

But if you have copies of the original records (presumably you mean
Parish Register entries), why are you using an Index as your Source?
Copies of the originals are a much better quality Source and must surely
contain a lot more information than is present in an Index.

What do you mean by "not the detailed source"?

--
Jenny M Benson