Pam,

In the Help file under Dates: Approximate, you'll find several
acceptable date prefixes - "Abt", "Aft", "Bef", "Bet", "Cal", "Circa",
and "BC"

You can also use Quarter Dates from the GRO by entering the date as Jun Q 1876

My practice is to not enter anything that's "doubtful". I simply make
a To-Do item for that to research further before I put the information
in. If I do find good info and then conflicting info, I make a To-Do
to confirm which is correct, use the most likely date as the primary
date and add an Alt. date as an Event.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support