On 07 Oct 2014 08:41, Liz Denis wrote:

> I've just realized that I have deleted a bunch of notes under one
> particularly important ancestor.  If I restore an old backup file (in order
> to copy the notes to paste to the new file), will I loose the new updated
> one?  I'm afraid to click the "restore" button in case I get myself into more
> trouble.

Yes! Restoring replaces the existing file.

What you need to do is first COPY your existing file. Then after the restore is
done, you need to swap file names so that the restored backup is not your main
file and the copied file becomes your main file. With this scheme, you can then
open both the copied and the restored files in Legacy using the split screen and
drag & drop between the two files.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry (Jhb)